Task Force Information
Task Force I Farm Buildings & Equipment
Dan F. McFarland, Director
Penn State University
- Activities & guidelines of this Task Force involve buildings & equipment for dairy operations.
- Systems include designs for handling cows, feed, milk, ventilation & manure.
Task Force II Plant Equipment & Procedures
Carli Peskar, Director
- To develop meaningful guidelines for procedures and equipment involved in dairy plant operations.
- To promote uniformity between the states.
Task Force III Laboratory & Quality Control Procedures
Jessica Smith, Director
- To cover topics related to laboratory, quality control, product evaluation & trouble shooting procedures.
- To cover methods of assuring quality through good production and manufacturing procedures.
Task Force IV Regulatory Issues & Food Safety
Melinda Davis, Director
HP Hood LLC
- To foster communications & uniformity between the states.
- This Task Force has been assigned guidelines concerning inspections as well as those relating to HACCP.
Task Force V Milking Systems & Procedures
Alex Beard, Director
Dairy Farmers of America
Kansas City, KS
- To address guidelines relating to milking system design, equipment and facility function and cleaning.
Task Force VI Small Ruminants
Michelle Steinmetz, Director
WI Dept. of Agriculture, Trade & Consumer Protection
- To develop guidelines pertaining to all aspects of production and processing for dairy goat, sheep and other small ruminant operations.