Task Force Information
Task Force I Farm Buildings & Equipment
John T. Tyson, Director
Penn State University
Mifflin County Cooperative Extension
Lewistown, PA 17044
- Activities & guidelines of this Task Force involve buildings & equipment for dairy operations.
- Systems include designs for handling cows, feed, milk, ventilation & manure.
Task Force II Plant Equipment & Procedures
Allen Sayler, Director
Center for Food Safety and Regulatory Solutions
- To develop meaningful guidelines for procedures and equipment involved in dairy plant operations.
- To promote uniformity between the states.
Task Force III Laboratory & Quality Control Procedures
Brendan Murphy, Director
- To cover topics related to laboratory, quality control, product evaluation & trouble shooting procedures.
- To cover methods of assuring quality through good production and manufacturing procedures.
Task Force IV Regulatory Issues & HACCP
Philip Wolff, Director
USDA Agricultural Marketing Service
- To foster communications & uniformity between the states.
- This Task Force has been assigned guidelines concerning inspections as well as those relating to HACCP.
Task Force V Milking Systems & Procedures
Steve Lehman, Director
Michigan Milk Producers Assoc.
Novi, MI 48375
- To address guidelines relating to milking system design, equipment and facility function and cleaning.
Task Force VI Small Ruminants
Christopher Hylkema, Director
NY State Dept. of Agriculture & Markets
- To develop guidelines pertaining to all aspects of production and processing for dairy goat, sheep and other small ruminant operations.